As We Know It.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Public Laundry

"Behind every successful woman... is a basket of dirty laundry."




There's nothing worst then seeing your dirty laundry pile up into a mound of clothes in the corner of your room. This means you have to heave it all the way down to the first floor (in my case), and publicly display the fact that you have dirty underwear, that you need to be cleaned.

Maybe I'm being too square but the fact that there was about 200 hundred taken washers in the laundry room, makes me want to take a trip down at midnight to do the deed. Everyone has to do it, but what makes the cherry on top of the beautiful triple chocolate cake... is when you come down to find your favorite pair of silk undies plastered to the window of the dryer, for the whole building to see. 

After I've put my clothes into the wash, I am a nervous wreck the whole time, setting timers, looking back to see when my clothes will be done... and so on. I guess I'm just remembering a laundry nightmare that could have happened in another life.

And that one missing sock! Where on earth did it go? From moving it from the wash, to the dryer... it couldn't have just got up and left. There is always a case of washers EATING the match to a white Hanes sock.



1 comment:

  1. this is the exact reason I love living at home :D

    ReplyDelete